- Kreis Fürstentum was the old Bistum (Bishopric) Cammin which was secularized in 1556 and was added to Brandenburg around 1648.
- Was a Kreis from 1818 until 1872, and was part of the administrative district of Köslin.
- In 1872 it was divided into the three Kreise of Bublitz, Köslin and Kolberg-Körlin.
- Des Herzogthums Hinterpommern Belgardischer,
Neustettinischer und Fürstenthumscher Kreis. [Wien] 
- Hofmeister, Hermann. 1. Amt Fürstentum Ratzeburg. 2. Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg. Lübeck : Schmidt, 1927.